VCBO Architecture is an award-winning, integrated design firm with a team of over 90 professionals in two offices in Utah, doing work through the Intermountain West. Our staff is dedicated to providing clients with functional, beautiful, sustainable, and future-focused projects in Healthcare, Higher Education, K-12 Education, Recreation, Civic and Justice, and Corporate Office Space.
VCBO Architecture (www.vcbo.com) is seeking an experienced Interior Designer to join our Architectural Group in our Salt Lake City office. VCBO has a passion for excellence and a strong group of people who respect each other and enjoy working together.
General Objectives and Responsibilities
- Full-time position with experience working on corporate interior projects, including programming client needs, conceptual design, schematic design, and design development. Resolve complex technical and design issues, along with space planning. Participate in the selection of furniture systems and specifications. Work with consultants, contractors, fabricators, specification writers, and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives.
- Assist in managing client expectations, team communication, and consultant coordination. Participate in the construction administration of projects and review of submittals and finish samples.
Essential Job Functions:
- Interprets and evaluates client requirements.
- Prepares design plans, elevations, and details, reflected ceiling plans, millwork designs, furniture layouts, finish plans, color plans, and schedules.
- Demonstrates understanding of the architectural design process and integration of interior design concepts.
- Manipulates basic design elements such as proportion, color, light, texture & scale.
- Provides color/finish/material research and selection.
- Prepares presentation materials and models for client presentations.
- Adheres to firm and project goals of excellence in design, execution, and sustainability.
- Provides programming and space planning analysis and area calculations.
- Prepares contract documents, including design plans, elevations, details, furniture layouts, ergonomic dimensions, finish plans, color plans, finish schedules, and ceiling plans.
- Participates in site analysis, including a survey of existing conditions and field measurements.
- Researches manufacturers for furniture systems and finish materials, providing budget cost for selections.
- Participates in-field observations to monitor the construction process.
- Organizes and plans accordingly to execute tasks.
- Checks own work for accuracy, omissions, and legibility.
- May coordinate consultants and vendor assignments.
- Participates in marketing efforts and may participate in design presentations to prospective clients.
- May direct and organizes administrative staff with responsibility for oversight of their activities.
- Bachelors of Architecture or Masters of Architecture required.
- 7-10 years of experience in architecture.
- Licensed Architect (desired, but not required), Strong knowledge of Autodesk Revit Architecture, SketchUp, and LEED AP (desired, but not required).
- Experience managing others along with excellent verbal and communication skills, self-DDD DDD DDD, and flexibility to focus on a single client with a variety of project types or multiple projects in various stages of development.
- Experience in compiling data, performing elementary design computations, performs area calculations according to specified standards.
- Knowledge of building codes.
- Able to complete the permitting process with the aid and supervision of a Team Leader.
- Knowledge of addenda and construction change directive procedures.
- Ability to review and respond to submittal and RFI documentation with sufficient knowledge and understanding of the project and industry.